10.06.2010

Alexander McQueen s/s 11 Sculpted Wedges


I haven't seen much of interest footwear wise in the recent shows (Chloé showed ballet flats for shits sake.) So I was pleased to see the Alexander McQueen show by new creative director Sarah Burton. Burton had worked for McQueen for 13 years when he committed suicide in February and was made creative director in May. Her pagan themed show stayed true to the McQueen aesthetic and featured these crazy shoes which I think are meant to be some kind if leaf but reminded me of fungi. Now ordinarily anything to do with fungi and feet is not a good thing but these shoes are hardly ordinary. Just the dose of crazy I was after.
P.S. I suppose they maybe almost work here but butterflies on footwear should not be worn after the age of... never.

No comments:

Post a Comment