5.24.2011

An Interview with George Glasgow Jr of George Cleverley

What influences your shoe designs? Music? Art? Designers?
What’s interesting is that we make shoes personally for some of the biggest names in fashion today. So perhaps they take inspiration from Cleverley. For me, I like to look at the old styles in our archives, which were made for Cary Grant, Rudolph Valentino, Clark Gable, Gary Cooper… These were true original fashion icons, in my opinion, and very elegant men, so their styles are of great interest to me today. I think in modern day, I admire Charlie Watts for his style. He has been a Cleverley customer for over 20 years, and every shoe we make for him is unique and stylish but still elegant. I take a lot of inspiration from my world travels. Given my position, I spend approximately five months a year traveling around the world from London and Paris to New York and Los Angeles to Tokyo and Seoul, so I picked up a lot of influences along the way.
Read the full interview at Start with Typewriters.

No comments:

Post a Comment